Monday, April 18, 2011

Bedroom......Check

So we have been in our house for almost two years and in that time I have refused to decorate our bedroom. I looooove to decorate but was always so frustrated with our room that I never have. There are these corner windows which are pretty but make it hard to position the bed. The room is pretty small and don't even get me started on the closet!!! But I finally decided it was time to make it a little homier so that I could go and feel like I could relax at the end of the day. Took some pics. One of my favorite things is the curtains/valances that my mom made. I picked out the fabric while we were there last and she sent them to me a couple of weeks ago. She did awesome on them!!

Cliff and I then brainstormed for what should go above our bed. We had our head board up but it was block the window so we took it down. We then decided to choose 5 places that had significance to us. We choose our wedding chapel, where we met, our first kiss, our favorite spot in Abilene, and the hospital our kids were born at. I put them in black in white and I think it turned out cute.

Another fun thing I found was a white food serving platter which I made into a jewlery dish on my dresser. Anyway here it is...

Before

After






2 comments:

Armymom said...

LOVE IT!! and love the Mama valance! I SOOOOO love that shabby chic frame around your wedding pic... :) and the pics you did of special places is so perfect! I wish I had pics to do that for us... :( need to find me a 'jewelry' tray similar to that... neat idea! come help me do my guest room! :)

Ryla said...

It is so great!! Good for you for figuring out what you wanted!! I am the same way with our room it is just blah!! But some day maybe!! Right now we are going to have Judson's new room to focus on, which I am pretty excited about!! :)

I finally got on!! Only had to reset the router 3 times! :)