Monday, October 20, 2008

What's Up Old Man...



So I'm really not much of a blogger myself- I try to leave that to LB, but I feel I need to throw my two cents in on this one. This crazy 3D face you see here is none other than little Aidan. He's been kicking around for about 28 weeks now. I've been telling everyone he's gonna be a little hottie and now I finally have proof! This was taken just a few hours ago and we're both more than excited. We both thought his face looked a lot more like an old man than a little baby. I think that's pretty neat- he's already so mature and wise!

The best news is that everything is developing beautifully. We spent about 10 minutes watching his little heart beat like crazy (146 beats per minute to be exact). He currently weights 3 lbs. 4 oz. I also enjoyed watching the ultrasound tech chasing him around his little home trying to get the best shots possible. It really makes such an impact on me to see the details of his face and tiny figure. He is no longer just an idea, but a very real and unique person. Too bad he's still stuck inside that cramped womb!

Today marked a pretty major shift in how I think about him. As soon as his pudgy nose pop up on that screen I was no longer worried about gliders and paint choices. I just wanted to get knowing my little boy.

We were able to take a tour of the facilities where LB will be delivering and recovering. We really enjoyed the staff and were impressed by their friendliness and desire to help answer our questions and calm any worries. We also have one of the men in our small group who is a family doctor at the hospital we chose. He was kind enough to stop by while we were waiting around. It was good to see a familiar face.

So I think I've exceeded the common space for single blog, so I'll wrap it up. Here are a few more pics of our little stud...enjoy!








4 comments:

Holly Packer said...

That's way crazy!! I'm glad things are going well for yall!! We miss ya!! Also, I mailed you something today :D...Hope you like it!! Love ya!!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

wow that is crazy I did not know you could see the face so good I can't wait to meet Aidan!!

how are yall doing? is it cold yet?

davisclan said...

He looks so snuggly!!! He's so sweet and i'm so happy for you guys. Isn't it amazing how it's a real person in there? Sigh. I'm happy for you guys. Wish I could be at a baby shower or come see you after He's born. Laura keep taking good care of yourself! Looks like youre doing a wonderful job, and Cliff looks as though you're taking good care too. I'm so happy.
amy

s&sjohnson08 said...

i am so happy and excited for you guys! Aiden will be a STUD!!