Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aidan's Shower and Other Random Pregnancy Things

Well first and foremost, as you can see, I am getting huuuuuuuge.

The doctor says I am right on track though and that the baby and I are very healthy. I did however bend down to get something tonight at church and tipped over in my chair. That can't be good. Cliff and I start prepared child birth classes on Monday night from 6-8. I can just picture him now doing the breathing exercises with me. It will be funny.

Our church held a baby shower for me on the 10th. It was so much fun.

There were around 40 people there. I had four wonderful hostesses.

Two are parents of teens in the youth group. One is our church secretary and the other is Tanya who has become the closest friend I have made here. She is actually down for emergency contact in case Cliff can't for some reason make it to Aidan's birth. She will be going to one prepared child birthing class with me as well.
She was responsible for all the decorations and my cute cupcake displays.

Overall Cliff and I were extremely pleased with the amount of kindness that our new church family showed us. We have been very blessed being a part of this congregation. I was so amazed at how much stuff we got but even more amazed that after writing over 40 thank you cards today that we still have even more things to get before little Aidan's arrival. I would have to say that my favorite part of the evening was recieving gifts from all my relatives in Kansas. What a Surprise!!!! A big shout out to my mom who made me the cutest monogrammed burp rags, among multiple other gifts. You're the best mom and I miss having you here during this time. Here are some other pics of the shower.




3 comments:

Erin Howell said...

you are such an adorable pregnant woman!! I am so excited for you!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

oh do I miss my LB!!!

Ryla said...

I made an account so I can comment and talk to you!