Friday, November 7, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Well I would say that I finally feel like I'm at home. Cliff and I have met so many wonderful friends here that we have quickly bonded with. We have a small group that meets every Sunday night that we absolutely love. It is with five other families who all have children under five years old. We are learning a lot from them and have had some great discussions to help us build our spiritual growth. Every Thursday night we have friends over to our house, around ten of us, to watch The Office. We feel so blessed to have met so many people our age that want to get to know us as much as we want to get to know them. We already feel like we have known them for years (cheesy I know, but it's true). The Church is throwing us a baby shower on Monday night. We are very excited. The youth group is still doing wonderfully. We had a Halloween Party last week with over 35 teens there. There was a hay rack ride and a zip line. They LOVED it. The only thing missing is our close friends who are now scattered around the country and of course family. I am especially missing my brother and sister-in-law right now as they will be having their second baby, Harrison, on Tuesday. I wish I could be there with them. I will be so great for Aidan to have a boy cousing just two months older than him. The little boys are starting to dominate on my side of the family. Will make for some very fun holidays.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am so glad that you feel at home in Spokane. Believe me that is such a blessing to have it happen so quickly- sometimes it can take a long time. With that said, we wish Spokane was closer, but that will make visits more special. We are so excited for your expanding family. Children come with challenges, but you won't believe how much love your heart can carry for such a little being. I can't wait for you to experience that. Love you and we'll keep you updated on our Harrison progress. :)