Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swine Flu Baby

So we called the doctor when we found out that I had the swine flu to see what we needed to do for Aidan. They told us that everyone is so sick right now that they could only treat symptoms, of which he had none. He developed a cough. We called the doc again and they told to call back if he starts wheezing. Well today he started wheezing, we made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Cliff got home from work and listened to his chest and said told me he wanted to take him in to the urgent care facility because waiting until tomorrow made him to nervous. So we did. The doctor told us he was 99% positive it was just a cold but that he would run the test to double check. He was outside the door when he got the results and Cliff heard him say, "Is this the right test, is it really positive?" They prescribed him tamiflu. Cliff went to the pharmacy to pick it up but they are in such low shortage they said it was going to take awhile. I guess our current health coverage (we are switching in November) doesn't cover it and it is like a $100. Cliff asked the pharmacist if it would take longer since we didnt have coverage for it and they said "Oh, you would be willing to pay for it?" WHAT TYPE OF STUPID QUESTION IS THAT????? Sorry.......Anyway......Please pray for our little guy. I will keep you updated.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Hyla said...

I pray everyone gets well soon.

Ryla said...

I will be praying for you guys!! Of course you are going to take care of your son!! What a question!! We had to pay for Judson's refulx meds and they were $150, I am so sorry it really sucks!!

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear that, I will be prayerful for speedy recovery for you guys. My little neice Allie just postive for it this week too!

Kristina said...

Oh Laura Beth! I'm so sorry and sad to hear this. I'll pray for healing for both you and Aidan. Please keep us posted and let us know how to pray for you guys specifically. Hugs.