Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Well it has taken me awhile but I think I have finally nailed down my resolutions. I have come up with six. I hope that I am able to accomplish them or at least put in a good effort.

6. I have had a really slow start to getting my counseling hours done. I believe I have close to 200 out of my 1000. Of course I did have a baby and all....but my goal for this next year is to get 300 knocked out. This may seem low but since I am doing it through private practice it is actually a pretty big goal.

5. Cliff and I have noticed that we have been doing (or shall I say I) a lot of unnecessary spending. If we cut out a good bulk of it, we realized there is no reason why I couldn't be a stay at home mom. I already consider myslef this because Aidan is always with me and I love my job but it would be nice to be at our own home. So we are going to put ourselves on a little trial run. My paycheck is going immediately into savings to see how we do. This is going to require a lot of discipline on my part.

4. Little less television and more reading. I love both of these but have noticed that since Aidan was born, besides reading the Twilight series through twice (by the way Holly have you started that yet), I have not done that much reading like I used to. I have cut out a couple of my television show in hopes that I will want to pick up a book in my freetime.

3. I have tried on several occasions to read the Bible through in a year and have always failed. So this year I am going to try and read at least the New Testament.

2. Put on some weight. I know that some people tell me to shut up when I say this but my doctor says that he believes it will be difficult for Cliff and I to get pregnant, when the time comes, if I don't gain a little back. I weighed 112 when I got pregnant with Aidan and now weigh 100. I have tried many things to gain weight but none are seeming to help. So a goal is to figure out what is going on with my body and get it healthy again.

1. Spend more quality time with family. This will be the hardest for me because even though I do get to spend lots of alone time with Cliff and Aidan, I am always feeling the need to clean constantly. I always think my house needs to be spotless all the time. I need to learn to let some things go and enjoy myself a little more.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Even though I didn't do resolutions, our lives sound very similar! Minus the adding weight thingy...Good luck with that. I hear eating lean protein is supposed to help. Or Peanut Butter. Good luck on all of it!

Ryla said...

those sound like great goals!! I hate that you need to gain weight while I still need to loose some though!!! But I hope that you are able to do these things, I could adapt a few for myself.