Thursday, January 10, 2013

In the Beginning...

Last week I came out of Aidan's room from putting him to bed and Cliff told me to go look at my phone.  I had received a text from my brother, Darrel, telling me that our friend Lane Hinton had texted him this photo below and was hoping he could get it to me.  I immediately started crying.  I remembered looking for this pic when Cliff and I got engaged but wasn't able to locate it.  I actually had never even seen it.
In June of 2002 I was walking threw campus to my apartment and saw Cliff sitting outside the dorms.  This was the first time we had ever seen each other.  Lane, who was working for the college at the time, came up to me and asked if I would be in a picture for him.  He then introduced me to Cliff and I remember that Cliff and I both thought it was weird to pose for a pic together having just met but we did it anyway.  Over a year later we started dating and a little over two years later we were married.  
I feel so lucky to have this moment captured in a picture.  We hardly spoke to each other the year following that but I remember this moment well!  Lane found it as he was going through old pics and remembered that I was searching for it when we got engaged.  Now, 10 years later, here it is!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: