Friday, November 12, 2010

#10

So I have really enjoyed reading my friend's blogs that tell me what they are thankful for. I don't think I have the energy or time right now to do a post everyday until Thanksgiving but I thought it would be fun to do a top ten. So here is my number 10!

My Spokane Friends!!!!

From left to right. I have known all these girls since I first moved to Spokane but have just in the last year become very close to Natalie. Natalie was in my small group in our first year with her husband Lucas and her beautiful little girls Charlie and Norah. We have found that we have a lot in common and have really enjoyed double dates with our amazing hubbies, church activities, and long texting conversations on a regular basis. She has been a wonderful example to me on what a Christian mother and wife should be and am excited for our friendship to continue to grow.
Laura and I began hanging out within a few months after being here. What I enjoy most about Laura is how we can sit with each other for hours and have such easy, honest conversations. We have playdates for the kids every week, including this morning, and I love showing up in my pajamas and no makeup and no that it won't matter. She has the kindest heart of anyone I have meant and I know we will be lifelong friends.
Amanda and I have really bonded in the last 9 months due to the fact that we are both expecting little girls on the 21st of this month. Even in the same hospital!! Although we still have many differences, I feel that Amanda and I are very much alike so it makes it very easy to talk with her during those lovely down times that we all tend to have. She keeps me humble and grounded and that tends to be very difficult to find in my life.
All together I am so thankful for these three girls and feel so fortunate that I have been able to build such Godly relationships in my time here.

1 comment:

Ryla said...

What a great idea to write things that you are thankful for until Thanksgiving!! And I am so so happy that you have been able to build some real relationships!! I know it takes time, but I am so happy that you have such great friends there!!