Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Potato and Cheese Dinner

So Ryla has gone through most of the veggies now which means I was able to try out a recipe from my new cookbook.

I decided to go with the Potato and Cheese Dinner recipe. I think it turned out pretty good. I gave it to Ryla last night for dinner and she really enjoyed it. Here is the recipe.

1 tsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 Potato, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese

Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Fry the onion until soft about 5 minutes. Add the potato and heat gently for 1 minute.


Add the milk and water and stir and mix. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.

Puree by pushing through a sieve or by using a blender. Add more water if a thinner consistency is preferred.


It made her about 7 servings.

2 comments:

merawoods said...

I am very impressed! I guess I just never thought you would get into all of that :0 I plan on doing a lot of veggies and fruits for Roman when he starts trying them. I have lots of pears from my own tree that I can start with as well as apples. I'm growing squash and zucchini (I know they are both squashes!) and green beans for him as well.ov

Armymom said...

did ya taste it?? is it good?? sounds good to me at the moment! :)