Monday, August 15, 2011

e-mealz

Cliff and I have decided to try out e-mealz. I put a facebook post several weeks ago to ask people what they did to save the some pennies in their home and this was brought up by my friend Vicki. We liked the idea but just now got around to trying it out. For those of you who are not familar, e-mealz is a program online that provides recipes and grocery lists for the weeks based on sale prices at your grocery store of choice. It cost 15 dollars every three months so just $1.25 a week. You get a meal plan that provides the name of the meal, the ingredients, and instructions on the first page and the grocery list (which is divided into categories for easy shopping) on the second page. We chose the plan that feeds 4-7 people so that we can have leftovers. The grocery list is seven suppers with side dishes for $75 to $80 dollars. I just got back from doing my grocery shopping for the week and the prices were accurate. Here is our meal plan for the week.

Meal 1: Just 'N Thyme Salmon, Baked Potato, Grilled Asparagus
Meal 2: White BBQ Chicken, Potato wedges, Corn on the Cob
Meal 3: Santa Fe Pizza, Glazed Honeydew
Meal 4: Savory Cheeseburger over rice, Vegetable Medley
Meal 5: Grilled Greek Chicken, Garlic Rice, Greek Salad
Meal 6: Fish Stick Po' Boys, Chips, Cantaloupe
Meal 7: Greek Pasta Salad, French Rolls

What I am excited most about this is that I don't have to plan out recipes for the week. Anything to give my family more time is a plus for us right now! I will let you know what I think of the recipes.

No comments: