Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our visit with the Rowedders

Last week my best friend Ryla and her two boys Judson and Lawson came to visit.  They drove all the way from Iowa!!!  It was 13 hours one way for her and she drove by herself!!!  She stayed the night in Wichita with some friends both ways so that was very nice for her.  We had the most AMAZING time!  I haven't seen her in 3 years which meant I hadn't met Lawson and she hadn't met my Ryla or Noah!!  Out kids loved each other and it was like having a week long play date!  Ryla and I were able to catch up and it felt like old times.  Of course we are mommies now and couldn't stay up to all hours like we used to in college!!  Ryla was such a trooper doing the trip all by herself.  Her kids didn't sleep the greatest because Lawson was teething and Judson wanted to get up early every morning to play, so she ran on very little sleep!  We tried to do something fun every day for the kiddos.  On sunday we went to church and our neighborhood park.  Monday and Tuesday I took them to a couple of different parks around the Austin area and then on Wednesday we went to the dollar theatre!  Thursday we crashed at the house but that was great to.  Between the two of us we grabbed A LOT of pics.  I hated to see her go!!!!!!  It will be our turn to make the trip up to Iowa in a couple of years but I am already looking forward to it!


























Photobucket

1 comment:

Ryla said...

We had such a great time and will make the drive again any time!!