Friday, December 20, 2013

Reading with Aidan

Finally getting one of the things I dreamed of doing with my kiddos....reading chapter books!  All of my kids love being read to, but there is definitely something different about transitioning into chapter books.  So far, Aidan has LOVED it and it has become such a special time for he and I.  One thing I promised him was that when he finished the book he got to watch the movie.  Of course he loves that.  For our first book, we tackled Charlottes Web.  He enjoyed it, but not near as much as when his preschool teacher read him The Lion, The Witch, and The wardrobe.  For that one, we promised him we would watch it with him, in our bed, after bedtime, and with donuts.  Very fun!  For his birthday I got him all 46 books of the Magical Treehouse series.  These are much more suited for his age.  We finished the first one in two days and he is already obsessed with them.  LOVE THIS PHASE!


Photobucket

No comments: