Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nanny Diaries

For those of you who don't know, last September I started nannying Wednesday through Friday from 8-5 for a family here in Spokane. I took 6 weeks off to have Aidan, including 2 weeks prior to his brith, and started up again yesturday. Cliff and I feel very blessed to have found this job for me. The family has been amazing and it almost seems silly to call them my employers when they really feel and have treated us like family. They have an adorable 4 year old girl named Holly and an energetic 3 year old boy named Jack. I was excited to go back because I missed the two of them so much but was nervous about how tired I was going to be. However, the last two days have gone by really smoothly. I get to take Aidan with me which has been such a blessing. However, since I have been so exhausted and my client load at my private practice has doubled in the last few weeks, I have decided to cut down to two days instead of three. Luckily the other nanny was wanting to go to three days instead of two so it worked out perfectly. I wanted to share some comments from Holly and Jack in the last couple of days. Kids really do say the darndest things!!

Jack: (patting my stomach) Miss Laura, baby Aidan isn't in your belly anymore right?
Me: No, your right Jack.
Jack: Then why do you still have a belly?
(and I thought I was doing good with only 7 pounds to go :))

Jack: Miss Laura, can you come play with us?
Holly: Jack, I told you, Miss Laura can't play with us when baby Aidan is drinking from her.

Holly: (watching me nurse Aidan) Ouch!!



Aidan about ready to start screaming from loosing his pacifier.


Kids checking in on Aidan.
A picture Jack took of me and Holly.
View from their back deck.
Holly reading Aidan a story she wrote.
Jackers
Travel crib I bought to take to work.
Thursday is movie day with popcorn!!




Photobucket

3 comments:

Ryla said...

They are so cute. I am sure they keep you on your toes though!! Especially with Aidan. I hope that things are going well with being back to work, I am sure that you are so busy and tired!

Lindsey said...

You are supermom! That is so much to tackle, and I am sure you are doing it all beautifully!
Lindsey

Kristina said...

Oh my gosh! The comment from the kids about Aidan "drinking" from you is HILARIOUS! I can't wait until our boys are old enough to say such silly things...oh wait, yes I can. :)